Forgot password?

Create an account!

Forum

« back

General – intersection domain

Please log in to write a message.

• 3. Anton (May 19, 2011 13.09):

Hi Hanno,

Thanks for your help. I totally missed the parameter output from CurveCurveIntersection. That's what I was looking for!

Anton

• 2. Hanno (May 19, 2011 10.55):

Hi Anton,

the process of first intersecting, then trimming and finally joining sounds reasonable.
    CurveCurveIntersection directly gives you the parameters of the intersection points on both curves, so you actually do not need to go via 3d points at all.
    BTW: You could use TrimCurve instead of SplitCurve, then you do not need to deal with multiple resulting curve parts.

Hope that helps!

Hanno

• 1. Anton (May 19, 2011 10.03):

Hi all,

I try to create a closed curve from an existing U-shaped curve and a crossing horizontal line which intersects with the U-curve.

First I determined the intersection points, with:
    arrIntersect = rhino.CurveCurveIntersection(strLine, arrCurveMS(0))

The 3D intersection points can be put in an array by:
    arrDomain = Array(arrIntersect(0,1), arrIntersect(1,1))

Now I wanted to split the curve with Rhino.SplitCurve, but the location parameters to split the curve must be within the curvedomain, instead of a 3D point.

So actually I am looking for a method which does the opposite of EvaluateCurve. EvaluateCurve gives a 3D point for a parameter on a curve, and I want to get the parameter on a curve from a given 3D point.

Finally I join both curves to get 1 curve.

Please let me know if you can help me with this, or if there is an easier way to get the same result!

Anton

Recommend

Why are these buttons gray?