Forgot password?

Create an account!

Forum

« back

RhinoScript – Autocad Lisp file in Rhino

Please log in to write a message.

• 6. k57skye (Dec 19, 2014 12.45):

Hi Johannes,

I would love to learn it and I am sure it would be very useful, but I am sure it is not a one afternoon type learning!! If I have some spare time, it will be on my list, but for now I would be good to find an expert to help.

One other question. I am using the Mac Beta version of Rhino. Do you know if that supports RhinoScript?

• 5. Johannes (Dec 19, 2014 09.21):

Hi John,
    we have mor then 11000 registered users. i am sure there is someone who can assist you in learning or writing a rhino script! Maybe you want to update your profile with an email-adress that they can get in contact with you.
    But still... it's not a waste of time leraning rhinoscript! i am sure it can assist you in more then just one task!

There is a good tutorial:
    www.rhino3d.com/download/Rhino/4.0/RhinoScript101

johannes

• 4. k57skye (Dec 18, 2014 23.19):

Thanks Johannes. I am a bit screwed without my auto lisp file. It makes an hours work in about 1 minute. I definitely don't have the time to learn Rhino Script and rewrite it.

Are there people who can write the script for me? What are the costs involved?

Thanks
    john

• 3. Johannes (Dec 12, 2014 11.19):

Did you read the first paragraph of our website?

"This Page is dedicated to automating the 3D modeling program Rhinoceros (www.Rhino3d.com) via RhinoScript, Python and Grasshopper. ..."

RhinoScript has ONLY to do with 3D modelling program Rhino!

I don't know much about automating autocad with lisp. But I don't think that there is a converter from lisp to RhinoScript. Because you have different functions in both programs. But you are not wasting your time to take a look at RhinoScript and it is definitely a good idea to switch to Rhino. We did that in our company with around 40 workstations and we would do it again! Automating Rhino is a big advantage and quiet simple to learn. Just give it a try with your lisp-program.

Johannes

• 2. k57skye (Dec 11, 2014 23.13):

Don't worry... Just researched a bit further and realised RhinoScript has noting to do with 3D modelling program Rhino! Sorry for wasting your time!

• 1. k57skye (Dec 11, 2014 17.08):

Sorry if this has been covered a lot but I am very new to the CAD world. Up to now I have been using Autocad because I have a LISP file that does a lot of the drawing work for me. I would like to change to Rhino, but unless I can somehow convert this file, I will be wasting a lot of time. It is fairly basic 2D drawing file.

Can anyone advise or at least point me in the right direction to either convert the LISP file or write a new one for Rhino.

Thanks
    john

Recommend

Why are these buttons gray?