Forgot password?

Create an account!

Forum

« back

RhinoScript – exporting obj

Please log in to write a message.

• 4. Hanno (Mar 22, 2013 11.58):

Hi Roberto,

what you describe is a Mesh. I don't know what rule decides the order of vertex definitions in the file, but it is something you shouldn't usually care about, as the only thing that matters is the topology of the mesh, not the arbitrary order of its vertices in the file.
    So in order to get the outline, I'm afraid you have to identify the naked edges of the mesh and sort them.

Hanno

• 3. roberto (Mar 21, 2013 22.25):

Hi Hanno,

thanks a lot for you answer.

I try to explain better my question: when you export a surface (mesh or nurbs) as an obj file you get the name of the surface, material etc and the number of vertex v (coordinate x y z) and the connections f between them.
    If you read the coordinates of the vertex row by row in the obj file you realize that they don't follow the perimeter of the surface (I'm talking about flat surfaces).
    So I'd like to know if there is away to set up this sequency so I can get the first vertex as a starting point (I'd like to decide the starting point) and the following ones along the perimeter of the surface.

thanks a lot again

cheers,
    Roberto

• 2. Hanno (Mar 21, 2013 20.38):

Hi Roberto,

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly: Are you exporting surfaces as Meshes to OBJ and want to control the meshing? If so: You can use the Mesh command before to mesh your surfaces manually, using settings you like.

Hope that helps!

Hanno

• 1. roberto (Mar 21, 2013 20.09):

Hi all,
    I'm exporting surfaces as obj file and I don't understand how the vertex of surfaces are generated.
    I was wondering if there is a way to control the connections between vertex.

Thanks a lot in advance

Roberto

Recommend

Why are these buttons gray?