Forgot password?

Create an account!

Forum

« back

RhinoScript – debugging and local variables

Please log in to write a message.

• 4. Johannes (Oct 18, 2012 10.31):

Rhino 5 has the same monkey editor. But it is the right choise if you want to write quick, simple functions!

Johannes

• 3. peterc (Oct 18, 2012 10.10):

Johannes -

thanks for the quick answer. I guess I'll wait until I have access to Rhino 5 though as I don't want to move back to VS 2005.

I do want to learn enough Rhinoscript, though, to write quick, simple functions.

Peter

• 2. Johannes (Oct 18, 2012 09.52):

Hi Peter, you are right. The only advantage of the code monkey is that it is integrated in rhino. It is a simple script editor with no control of local variables. You can use print, prompt, msgbox, textdot,.... for debugging. Two advantages makes the monkey more useful than the windows text editor: syntax highlighting and a 'run script' button.

If you want to have more control use VisualStudio and write a plugin for rhino using c# or vb.net wiki.mcneel.com/developer/dotnetplugins.

Johannes

• 1. peterc (Oct 18, 2012 09.22):

Hello -

I'm just starting with Rhinoscript (and Rhino for that matter!). I'm used to working with lisp + vb/vba + c# and am able to inspect local variables in the various IDEs for these languages. I haven't discovered this in Rhinoscript (or in the Code Monkey IDE) - just the Rhino.Print method.

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks,

Peter

Recommend

Why are these buttons gray?