Forgot password?

Create an account!

Forum

« back

RhinoScript – Importing multiple IGES files at once

Please log in to write a message.

• 3. benisonp (Jul 28, 2011 18.20):

Hi Hanno, that is absolutely perfect. Thank you!

• 2. Hanno (Jul 27, 2011 13.06):

Hi,

you can "command-script" rhino commands by prepending a hyphen. So if you write "-_import mypath\myfile.igs" into the command line, Rhino imports the file without popping up any dialogs.
    You can also copy-paste multiple lines into the command line, and Rhino will execute them one by one.
    So the most simple approach would be to use a text editor to create a list of all your import commands, one per line, and then copy-paste that into the Rhino command line.

Further automation, however, requires scripting. Either RhinoScript to automate the import command, or any other language to automate the creation of your import command list.

Hope that helps!

Hanno

• 1. benisonp (Jul 25, 2011 20.26):

Hi everyone,

I'm a biology researcher at UCLA, and have literally no coding experience outside of a little bit of R. So please bear with me if this question seems extremely basic, I have no idea what I'm doing.

Basically, what I have is a ton of splines (CAD objects from another program), and I need to import all of them into Rhino3d. Right now I'm doing them one at a time and it's extremely time-consuming.

So my question is, is there a way to make it such that I could do mass imports?

Thank you for your help!

-Ben

Recommend

Why are these buttons gray?