Forgot password?

Create an account!

Forum

« back

RhinoScript – project point to curve

Please log in to write a message.

• 5. brandson (Mar 04, 2011 09.52):

Hi Hanno

thank you for your answer, I'm trying to get forward with your tips.

regards
    brandson

• 4. Hanno (Mar 01, 2011 17.15):

Hi Brandson,

Rhino.EvaluateCurve does what you want. Maybe search for curve / surface domains to learn about these parameters and what they mean. They are an important concept for Rhino scripting.

Hanno

• 3. brandson (Mar 01, 2011 17.10):

Hi Hanno

Thank you very much for your quick answer =)
    I tried to use it today but I could not handle the result (the parameter).
    I expected to receive an array of the point on the curve.
    The aim is to get a vector from the picked point to the projected point on the curve. My idea is to create the vector from the two points.

Is there a possibility to transform the parameter ( = Result from Rhino.CurveClosestPoint) to an array in world coordinates?
    I didn't find help on the "Rhinoscript for Rhino4", witch i've read, or internet so far.

Sorry for these "beginner-questions"...

brandson

• 2. Hanno (Mar 01, 2011 17.02):

Hi,

you can use Rhino.CurveClosestPoint which gives you the curve parameter of the point closest to your source point.

Hanno

• 1. brandson (Mar 01, 2011 16.56):

I try to write a RhinoScript for projecting a point to a curve (it's equal to a perpendicular relation between point and curve).
    The problem is, that with the Buttons on the Main screen it is easy to create.
    But with the Rhinoscript (even with the help) i can't find the command to create the point on the curve.

Thank you for your help in advance & sorry for my english skills (it's not my native language)

Recommend

Why are these buttons gray?