Forgot password?

Create an account!

Forum

« back

RhinoScript – How to access or show in an array from Rhino menu

Please log in to write a message.

• 5. Ning (Jun 11, 2010 17.30):

johannes,

Thank you again for your detailed advice.

I am looking at your code NClosestPoint as it is very useful for me. However I did put a question about your code. Could you please take a look at it? Thank you so much.

Best wishes

Ning

• 4. Johannes (Jun 11, 2010 16.56):

hi ning,

ok. there are some ways to take a look into the code during the process...
    the first is to print out one data set with the
    1. Rhino.PrintEx("your data") - prints one variable out in the command line...
    2. Rhino.Msgbox("your data") - the same but in a message box.
    the problem is that you can only print out one information and not a whole array structure.
    but you can find in hanno's array libary a function for it. it's called array_print(). It's prints out the whole data structure into the command line of rhino...

you will find it here: www.rhinoscript.org/rhinoscript/37
    just load that lib and all included functions are availible up to next restart of rhino...

johannes

• 3. Ning (Jun 11, 2010 15.03):

johannes,

Thank you for your comment again. Let me to clarify my target here.

I normally use Grasshopper to handle models. Unfortunately some functions of Grasshopper have limit of node number, which forces me to make my own codes. However, I do hope I can jump in and back between my code and Rhino (even with Grasshopper).

In my this question, I am lookig for a similar function like LIST to show a table so that I am able to check values of the array in Rhino during the code development. By the way, I can exchange data between several different programs.

Actually I am even wondering if Rhino can show me the code somewhere corresponding to the manu operation I am doing. Some programs provide the very useful function.

I do appreciate your kind help, in paricular some simple questions that a lot people would not like to talk with.

Best wishes

Ning

• 2. Johannes (Jun 11, 2010 14.45):

hi ning,

what do you mean with rhino menu... do you want to make a makro, button,... ?
    we work with vbscript because there is no menu for it.

example to acces your array:
    arrTest(10,5)

maybe take a look on 'more dimensional arrays' or 'nested arrays'...

johannes

• 1. Ning (Jun 11, 2010 13.59):

Hi, there

I use the code to produce an array (23000 X 6). The first three items of each row are coordinate values, the other has their physical meanings.

However, I have no idea how to access the array from Rhino menu.Could you please give me some help? Thanks.

regards

ning

Recommend

Why are these buttons gray?